Monday, July 2, 2012

A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz


I haven't written a review for awhile because frankly, I like to write about books that really catch my attention.  There have been quite a few that were good, but every once in awhile you come across a certain book that you just can't put down.  A Tale Dark & Grimm is one such book.  This book dwells on the tale of Hansel and Gretel, those poor children who wandered off in the forest only to find the witch's  house made of sweets.  Now you might think to yourself, that was just a silly old fairy tale but you haven't heard the REAL story of their fate until you read this book.  As the tale unwinds, the narrator (who seems a bit odd too), guides you through the perils they face.  Trust me.  This book is a thriller that will keep you turning the pages.  It's rather gruesome at times but just remember that it is only a fairy tale. 

A Tale Dark & Grimm is rated J for a junior book, but personally I strongly suggest that it be read by 12 year olds and up.  I encourage adults to give it a try too.    T

No comments:

Post a Comment